Wednesday, March 16, 2011

YAY!

There is so much to be happy about at the moment I have just landed a new job that will provide me with all that grown up stuff like a steady pay check, insurance and other benefits.AMAZING! Some of the most amazing people I know are celebrating up coming birthdays and some people who are close to me are getting good news on their health, PLUS it's finally warming up. What could be better? Well I will tell you.....At one of my facilities yesterday it was the managers birthday, one of the technicians thought it would be nice to bring in a cake for her from one of the major grocery stores in the area. Picture the scene nurses, techs, dietitians and administrative are all hovering around a cake remarking on how delicious it smells. They cut into it and dig in, (I could not have any cause I gave it up for lent) as you look around they are all eating it and out of the corner of the room the assistant hollars "This aint right, y'all" they all fess up that something was tasting odd, upon further inspection it turned out that a jokester at the grocery store had frosted a shoot of corn bread and passed it as a white cake with white frosting. Now we can not officially comment on whether this was intentional or accidental but who care, it was funny!

This week I went grocery shopping for the first time in a long time and because I have given up white flour for lent I decided it would be a great time to try out other breads, I bought brown rice bread. It is interesting very dense and a bit grainy, but the taste is there, I am sure it is good if you toast it. I think that trying different breads gives me a good idea of what some of my patients my try. This gave me an insight on to what is available for out gluten free friends.

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the new job!
    i would have been very exciting to get cornbread instead of white cake :)

    ReplyDelete