Thursday, October 20, 2011

Decoding the box....

Happy Thursday to all! Well today actually is my Friday. I am taking tomorrow off to go check out restaurants to have my sisters baby shower at. Yes we are welcoming our first grandchild to the family and it is soo exciting. It is a girl but my sister and her husband wont spill the beans on the name yet. oh well. Something I guess needs to be a surprise.
Yesterday I posted some information about food packaging and decoding what is on the labels.
Today a reputable website came out with and article that supports just what I was talking about. It isn't too long and I think it is a great read.
http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Market/Cereal-giants-are-duping-shoppers-with-all-natural-claims-says-lobby-group/?c=nq5Y1O13j8XQ67thS9vkqeSBbd86J6IK&utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter%2BDaily

If you have time check it out!
Off of the regulatory soap box, I wanted to share a "recipe" I came up with to satisfy a snack craving
I took:
1 whole banana
about 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter
about 1/2 a tsp of chocolate chips

In a bowl I cut the banana up in to pieces added the peanut butter and chocolate chips. I microwaved for about 30-45 seconds. Mixed/Mashed a little bit and poof. I had a rich, tasty snack/dessert that was full of healthy potassium, good fats and antioxidants. The warm banana was really comforting too!

Have a great day!!

What are some of your favorite snacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment