Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hot in here

It has been soo hot recently but refreshing. I will take this right now over rain and 50 degrees. However this may change by mid-July. I have only turned  my AC on once after a run outside. I haven't turned it on for a few reasons, 1. I breath in recycled air conditioned air all day it is nice to have some fresh air, 2. My apt actually stays reasonably cool,3. The heat whipes my dog out. I would rather sweat a bit if it means she will sleep, ha. However it doesn't really make me wanna turn a hot oven on to cook. I have been eating a lot of salads and other cool items. Which is kind of a bummer cause the company I work for is having a HUGE tent sale. At said sale I bought basically a whole new kichen. We produce a lot of items for the "Food  Network " and other cooking/baking lines. I got a silicon oven mit, sauce brush, ice cream scoop, baking sheets, 9x 13 pan, 9x9 pan, pasta spoon, two spatulas, rubber scrapers, a can opener, large serving spoons, cooling racks and more for only about $70. LOVE SALES.
Before the heat came in I made these great " cookies" I say cookies because if you are a dessert purist you may not classigy these as cookies but I swear that is what the recipe called them. I eat them for breakfast, he.
Recipe:
3 bananas
2 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup chopped dates

Smash the bananas until they are a smooth consistency (easier if you use slightly browned bananas). Mix in oats, vegetable oil and dates. let stand for 15 min. This helps the oats soften. Plop down on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20 min.
I substituted peanut butter for vegetable oil. They are a bit softer and get added protein.  They resemble more of a baked oatmeal rather than a cookie. I also at times will add some chopped nuts and chocolate chips (dark chocolate of course).  Give them a try.

1 comment:

  1. I ate a banana yesterday that was many months old. I disagree with eating bananas now. They should only be used to stuff.

    ReplyDelete