Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Baby got back

So I know it has been a while February has been a bit nutty, need a few more days. I have also become a bit lazy in the kitchen, but this week have stepped it up. After doing some serious grocery shopping.
Last night for dinner I made halibut fillets with a pepper and bean salsa on top and some baby vegetables. Baby vegetables are cute, tender and tasty. I love the peppers and zucchini, if you are not a  pepper fan they are sweeter and have a mild flavor compared to their larger counter parts.
I also found a new use for a great dip. At parties my family at times makes a chip dip called cowboy caviar, there are many variations of the recipe but the general idea is pinto beans, black beans, green pepper, red pepper, celery, and the dressing is apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil, black pepper and some sugar. I like things a bit tangy and less oily so I alter the ratios a bit. I put this on my fish last night and it was tasty. A great compliment to the light fish flavor while adding some extra fiber, protein, vegetables and flavor.
Thinking outside the box can lead to some pretty interesting creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment