Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Have you noticed....

So watching TV lately and working in the nutrition field I have come to an interesting maybe not so new revolution. Have you noticed that every time a new fad comes out or new diet comes out it is always foreign, Chinese weight loss secrets, the fat fallacy from Paris, or the Mediterranean Diet...ect. Never the new American diet. And then the new Kraft commercial about being as American as Kraft singles. Which by the way aren't even cheese, they are cheese product... Why can't we be as American and whole wheat bread, grass fed beef, or free range eggs?  With the recent news that Taco Bell "beef" isn't even referred to as beef by Taco Bell but taco filling and only is comprised of ONLY 36% meat.. then caramel coloring. Why is there caramel coloring in beef?
So now off that soap box, I have to tell you about my newest fitness routine, anyone that knows me will tell you I am naturally cushioned but like to be active and try new things.. I have to exercise my dog FOREVER each day but then I want to do something by myself. I have taken on TURBOFIRE, not as bad as you think, but yes the lady in the video is nuts. In an effort to stay fit but not spend a ton I have turned to a work out video instead of a monthly gym fee. This one is really fun, despite the fact that the lady seems to be part superhero, its kinda dancy so you can shake out what ever the day presented to you. AAAAnd the best part is you look like a fool, but you are at home so noone knows. Plus its a really good work out. Feeling silly sometimes, even for a minute can sometimes help shake the stress or negativity out of ya......It's mid week folks, we almost made it!

What does responsible living mean to you?

2 comments:

  1. ohhh, i like jillian michael's 30 day shred. its a 20 minute workout but its intense! the dvd was 9 dollars and it has 3 levels of workout. i highly suggest it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love TurboFire!
    I just think it's important to keep active, to feed our bodies and our minds well, to stay strong, flexible, well-balanced, and consistent.

    ReplyDelete