Tuesday, January 25, 2011

winter drag...

Happy Tuesday and congrats on making it one day closer to Friday! The winter is taking its toll and my enthusiasm for pretty snow covered trees is icing away with frozen fingers and runny noses. Isn't a plus that my dog is insane and requires hours of outside time daily. This inspiration down spiral is translating to food however leading to some interesting creations.
1. Black eye Pead dip-yes folks this is really a food not just a music group. The black eye pea is a southern traditions often believe to bring good luck to those who consume it, usually on new years day. Well thinking I could use as much luck this year I got a lot of them. So I took the last batch here with some marinated artichokes and Ramano Cheese, tossed it in my ninja (an insanely powerful blender) and poof....black eye and artichoke dip. I used it to spread on pitas with some chicken and ate it with crackers. I figured why not, there is white bean dip, hummus, ect....black eye peas are a bean, sooo there we go.  Think of dips, salads, pasta, and other dishes as methods, you can add or take out ingredients according to what you have and what your flavor preferences are. Clean out the cabinets, try something different......

What is something different you have tried?

2 comments:

  1. YUM! If eating black-eyed artichoke dip motivates responsible living then I am whipping a batch up! Please won't you include a recipe of this easy three-ingredient snack so I can see the amounts that you used...Thanks for the great idea!
    I want to see the Frugal RD YouTube recipe sessions...

    ReplyDelete