Monday, January 10, 2011

MOOOOOve over bessie!

To start I just have to share how my day has started, by day I am a consulting dietitian for dialysis and this AM so far, I have been surrounded and almost attacked by ally cats (it appears the south side of Chicago has a bit of a stray animal problem), then I get in to the unit and the Chicago Police Dept are here to arrest a resident that while on the dialysis machine attacked a technician by spitting, scratching and cussing and another resident ran away......It wasn't even 9am yet. whew.
Any who...... the point of today's post was to share with you my new cereal accessory. I have never really warmed up to milk and from learning more and more about what ole bessie goes through so we can get some calcium daily I have decided to explore other options.....enter ALMOND MILK. It is sooooo tasty.
Almond milk is made by taking pulverized almonds adding some water and straining out the sediment. So you get all the good vitamin E and other minerals that you receive from eating almonds and keep out the saturated fat and cholesterol, not to mention the added hormones from cow milk.
ONE thing cows milk has it going for it is that it does have 8g more protein per serving....but we are not lacking protein in our diet. SO if you wanna try something different give it a try...Can't hurt!

What animal alternatives are you trying in your diet?

No comments:

Post a Comment