Friday, January 21, 2011

Java Joe.........

Happy Friday to all!
I must say one of the best parts of my day is my morning coffee....I LOVE everything about coffee, the smell, taste, warm feeling..everything. I enjoy the occasional cup of joe out too from a starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, McD's ect. I really love the coffee from Bleeding Heart Bakery there are a few locations around the Chicagoland area, they are local, use all natural ingredients and their cake balls are amazing!
However due to limited green (and I'm not talking veggies) I am limited on the amount of times I can go for a cup of coffee so I look for good home options.  I have found that if you buy whole bean coffee you can get a better price for it, many stores have grinders you can use there in store. I know I got a free trade, organic, medium-dark roast from Trader Joes for $2.00cheaper than the ground. I do have a coffee grinder at home but there was one in store you can use. Just a good way to get your fix for a bit less.
I also must share I roasted my first chicken last night, it was a bit of a challenge seeing I seem to be lacking some important items, ie a roasting pan, thermometer, and timer. I will post pics of the butchering as well. Turns out its a bit of an art. I am learning......Happy Friday, hope everyone stays warm and GO BEARS!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are better than I am!!! I am too nervous to butcher a whole chicken mostly freaked out at removing the insides!

    ReplyDelete