Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm Loving It......

Good morning. The week is almost over, oh thank heaven. Its been a crazy one and today will prove to be even crazier. I have a meeting with Sprouts Academy in the city which is a preschool completely centered around responsible and healthy living. SOoooo COOL. You should check them out if you have time.
Then I am teaching kids cooking classes tonight, we are making home made whole wheat pizzas, oooh and my usual day job mixed in there somewhere. Not sure where eating will come in but have no fear it will get in there.
Which brings me to what I wanted to share with you today. I was at my local Trader Joe's last night doing a bit o light shopping and came across an idea I loved. Now I must share I have mixed feelings with Trader Joe's. I love that they are very affordable, provide organic, free trade, and local options. Also they sport healthier snack and meal options. However they also have a bunch of prepared foods that have a significant amount of sodium and unnecessary ingredient in them. Not to mention when you walk in the first thing you see is a large bakery display.....Thanks
BUT the thing I wanted to talk to you about is their fruit roll up type snacks. They are called Fiber Fulls and are only made for Trader Joes. Now you read the list of ingredients and they are only 5 and they start with pureed fruit/vegetable (depending on what kind you get)
They are completely natural and hand made and pack about 6 g of fiber per roll up. However what the coolest thing about these are is that right next to the roll ups is a bag marked ends and pieces. OF COURSE I needed to see what this was. Because these roll ups are hand made and don't come out in cookie cutter processed shapes, there are imperfect edges and extra ends that are cut off to obtain the desired shape. So they sell these to you for a cheap $2.00 a bag to use up the extras and produce less waste.
LOVE IT!
PS the roll ups are only $0.59 ea so you get 6 g fiber, a great snack, serving of fruit and vegetable for pennies.

1 comment:

  1. i just bought fruit roll-ups this week . . . perhaps i'll try out the adult version. thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete