Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Slip Sliddin away.....

Man it is slippery out this morning, I didn't want to risk breaking my neck walking my dog this morning so I brought her to the tennis courts this morning shut the door and let her run, thank you park district!
However I wanted to share a link with you today that a friend of mine sent me.. The absolute key to balancing nutrition with food and health is portion. There is an amazing eye opening program that called Portion Distortion that shows you how portions have expanded so much in the recent years. Kinda how pant sizes have. Did you know that a size 8 now is about what a size 12 was in the 50's and 60's. Women are getting bigger but like to see smaller numbers. Marilyn Monroe wore a size 12-16, now she would wear a 6-8. And they didn't even have sizes, 00, 0-2.  Soo anywho this brings me to the website. It is a look at how much 300 calories can get you between eating out and eating in.  It is a good eye opener for those who think a muffin is a muffin a burger is a burger. It really pays to eat a home, in your pocket book and your waste line.
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1260

Check it out!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment